How to Apply
The application period for 2019 grant applications is now closed. Check back next year for information on applying for a 2020 UM Foundation grant.
1) Download and complete an application form:
2) Within the designated application period, submit your completed application form and any supplemental documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Applications will only be accepted via email to this address and only during the designated submission window. Grant Applications submitted in any other manner or outside of the application window will not be accepted.
Grant recipients will be notified of their awards the first week of June.
If you have any questions about this process please call the office.
About the Application:
In order to successfully complete an application for consideration you will need to provide the following information:
- The legal name of the organization applying for the grant
- The EIN number of your organization
- Contact information for the program administrator, key contact, and Pastor(if applicable)
- Your organization's tax exempt status
- A short description of your organization, its mission, and purpose
- Executive summary: In 300 words or less summarize the program for which you are requesting funding. Include any details regarding how you plan to ensure the sustainability of this project or program in future years.
- What problem or need does your program address? Be specific and provide data-driven evidence where possible.
- How will your program address this need?
- What is the plan for implementation of this program and what do you hope to accomplish (provide measurable goals)? Is this a new program? If not, what have you already accomplished so far?
- What demographic groups and areas will this program serve?
- Program start and end date
- Amount being requested
- What is the intended use of these funds? Be specific as to the materials, equipment, etc. for which the money will be used and include an explanation as to why it is needed for the success of your project or program.
- Your organization's annual budget and fiscal year
- Funds committed by your organization and outside sources to this program
- Any organizations with which this program is collaborative
Answers to these questions must be provided using the Grant Application Form.